CTO, Technical Architect, IT Product Development, IT Jobs in FMCG, IT Jobs in BFSI, Agile
The Chief Technology Officer is someone who just gets it. She/he will leverage their experience in technology and leadership to motivate people and drive innovation. The CTO has a deep working knowledge of developing and executing eCommerce, mobile/tablet, and in-store technologies. They will leverage that knowledge to lead software development across all brands of the organization, ensuring operations run smoothly and new technologies are introduced to further drive global growth. The CTO will oversee the daily technical operations, while strategically keeping the organization at the forefront of technological trends.
- Recruit, mentor and inspire the software development, quality assurance, research development, product management, and technology operations, teams.
- Direct the development of the strategic technology vision and then execute the roadmap - you are the technology evangelist who will define and drive common standards and practices across the organization.
- In partnership with the companys management team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the companys services as a global leader, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- Establish governance control process of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organizations resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support the companys organizational strategic goals
- Direct execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the companys data and servers; direct execution of an enterprise-wide recovery and business continuity plan
- Define the companys software development methodology to Agile
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and product development and product management best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers- blogs)
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment or software within the company
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, track and control the development and deployment of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the companys hiring processes, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Ensure the company\'s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations, applicable laws, and regulations for privacy, security and social responsibility.