The Manager Software Engineering independently manages a team that is accountable for engineering secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CME Group in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Independently manages various functional teams (i.e. developer, QA,testing,BA etc) across SDLC
- Has owned systems and managed development of end-to-end applications
- Mentors development staff and influences enterprise technology decision-making
- Demonstrates advanced language proficiency;
- Contributes to the architectural vision of the company.
- Displays fair understanding of a development technology in Java, MVC etc.
- Enables unit and systems testing through tools and enterprise perspective.
- Demonstrates understanding of trade-offs relative to simplicity and complexity.
- Ensures code reviews and discussions are completed.
- Reviews environment build deployments, release notes, and build notices.
- Demonstrates expertise in Design and Analysis patterns and identifies architectural best practices, promoting them within the division and company-wide.